Thank you for supporting Decatur Cooperative Ministry (DCM)!
With your tax-deductible contribution DCM offers:
- emergency shelter for women with children
- transitional housing for homeless families
- homelessness prevention services for families in immediate danger of eviction, foreclosure, or disconnection of utility service
- supplemental food for households in need, through a food pantry and a food cooperative
Without the generous support of congregations, businesses, community groups, and individuals like you, DCM could not accomplish its mission of alleviating and preventing homelessness among families.
Ways you can give
A cash gift can:
- provide immediate resources to our programs and services;
- memorialize a friend or loved one;
- honor someone who has volunteered time and talents at DCM;
- pay tribute to family, friends, or colleagues on special occasions like weddings, births, and promotions.
To make a donation, please use our online donation form.
Help us continue to celebrate our 40th anniversary by becoming a member of our Sanctuary40 Society. Contact James Wilson, Director of Finance and Administration, james at decaturcooperativeministry.org 404-377-5365 ext. 7, for more information.
Support DCM through the United Way CFC Campaign
Are you a federal employee? If so, please support Decatur Cooperative Ministry by participating in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). This is the annual fundraising drive for Federal employees. DCM’s CFC # is 75091. To learn more, visit the CFC website.
To make a gift using publicly traded equities, please give your brokerage firm the following information:
- DCM's Brokerage Firm: Fidelity Investments (800-544-6666)
- DTC Number: 0226
- Credit to Account: Decatur Cooperative Ministry
- DCM's Account Number: For this information, please call our office at 404.377.5365 and speak with Marlene White, Executive Director, ext. 8 or James Wilson, Director of Finance and Administration, ext. 7.
For year-end tax and gift planning, please note that transfers can sometimes be delayed because of the holiday season. We recommend submitting transfer instructions to your brokerage firm at least two weeks before the end of the year.
Phone, Email, Regular Mail
If you prefer to phone in your gift, please call James Wilson, at 404.377.5365, ext. 7. He will be glad to record and process your credit card information.
If you would prefer to mail your gift, please make your check or money order out to Decatur Cooperative Ministry and mail to:Decatur Cooperative Ministry
P.O. Box 457
Decatur, GA 30031-0457
Certain items are always needed, especially for the families staying in Hagar’s House. Please see the list of items below and also check the monthly updated list on DCM’s News and Needs.
We also gratefully accept packaged food items such as:
- Cold cereal
- Peanut butter
- Macaroni and cheese
- Rice, grits, pasta
- Canned meats: stew, tuna, salmon, chicken, pork and beans
- Green canned goods: spinach, turnip greens, and English peas
- Canned tomatoes
- Spaghetti sauce
- Breakfast cereal
- Non-fat dry milk
Perishable food items should be donated to:
DCM rarely needs clothing, thanks to two nearby clothing banks:
Legacy giving (also called planned giving) is the act of coordinating your personal, financial, and estate planning goals with your interest in making lifetime and testamentary charitable gifts. Most planned gifts allow you to continue receiving the benefits of these assets during your lifetime, after which only the remaining value is transferred to a charity.
Testamentary gifts can involve as little as an addendum (bequest) to your will or making a beneficiary designation in a retirement account, trust, or insurance policy. For more information, please contact your financial and legal advisors or Marlene White, Executive Director, 404-377-5365 ext. 8.
Please remember DCM when formulating your estate plans so your legacy of support can help sustain our mission in the future. Also, let us know if you have already created a legacy gift so that we can add your name to our donor list.
If you have questions about making a contribution, please contact: James Wilson, Director of Finance and Administration, 404-377-5365 ext. 7